Workshop: “Civil Protection and Challenges – FIRE-IN national Hub – Greece – The Greek Agenda”
In the framework of SafeThessaloniki 2022, a workshop related to natural hazards management and the challenges for the civil protection, will take place on 30.09.2022 – 09:00-11:00.
The workshop is addressed to practitioners, local and regional authorities, civil protection agencies, research and academic organizations, industry and standardization bodies. The workshop is moderated by the Center for Security Studies, partner of the FIRE-IN project.
The agenda of the workshop consists of a brief presentation of the project results, presentation of recent natural disasters events and a discussion on current and future capabilities on incident command organization, community involvement and risk reduction. These capabilities will be discussed from the point of view of:
- Disaster management challenges in Greece
- Solutions related to these challenges
- Priorities recognized.
The overall goal of the workshop is to create and deliver a “Hellenic Agenda” to the European Commission for future research programming, harmonized with the needs of other EU countries.
09:00 - 09:15: Greetings
09:15 – 10:00:
- Opening presentation: FIRE-IN National Hub – Greece – The Hellenic Agenda (Vagia Pelekanou and Georgios Sakkas, KEMEA)
- Recent experience from Greece: Lessons learned from the megafire of Northern Evia in the summer 2021 (George Eftychidis, Satways ltd)
- Recent experience from Cyprus: Arakapas Wildfire Incident – Lesson to be Learned (Nikolaos Kamakiotis, Associated FIRE-IN expert)
10:00-11:00: Open discussion
The workshop is moderated by the Center for Security Studies (KEMEA) Research associates: Georgios Sakkas, Vassiliki Varela and Vagia Pelekanou.